Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cutouts & Confetti







Outfit Details:
  • Black cutout dress (Sparkle & Fade via Urban Outfitters // swap from Ashley
  • Heather gray boyfriend cardigan (Love Rocks via TJMaxx
  • Skinny patent yellow bow belt (Forever 21
  • Red tennis shoes (c/o Keds)  
  • Orange and white 2D "Cheese" bag (c/o Jump from Paper)
I'm so happy to finally post my first swap outfit!

Ashley and I met up in person (so awesome that we live close to each other) and swapped dresses. I had been wanting to try a dress with cutouts and just never found one I really liked, so I'm glad I got to borrow this one for a bit. I actually really love it--especially the cute and colorful pattern. I ended up wearing it another time to work and am sad to send it off because I like that the cutouts are modern and kind of unexpected.

I wanted to keep the outfit casual, but still fun and lighthearted because the confetti pattern is just so whimsical and quirky. I wore it with a yellow bow belt, my cartoony Jump from Cheese bag (it looks two dimensional but is a real bag! crazy), and my red Keds

Check out how the gorgeous Ashley styled it:
See the full outfit on her blog

How would you style this dress?



Visit my personal... blog facebook . twitter . instagram 

12 comments:

  1. I love this, such a wonderful dress, I am following you now. I hope you will check out my blog.
    x

    www.blamethefireworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress, and it looks wonderful on you.

    xo
    Lily
    http://aridehome.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cut-out and little peek-a-boo flash of skin is so cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so lovely! this bag is so so cute too:)! yay. i just followed you, hope you do same!:) i'm your 100th follower ha!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute! I love how you styled it too. That bag is amazing! Keep it as long as you'd like and I can always give it to you again if needed <3

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you made the outfit so fun with the red keds and awesome bag. You both looking darling! The confetti print and cutouts are perfect!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you made it casual w/ the red keds, super cute touch. that bag always throws me off too, so crazy! Amazing dress, love seeing a formal and a casual look & fun spot for the cutouts!
    http://dusanabotswana.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of an outfit swap, but that's awesome! You two styled it pretty differently, but I love both!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bag is such a fun accessory! I love the dress to pieces and how you both took a different route to styling it. As it's such a summery piece, you really made it work quite brilliantly for the cooler months :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so dang cute! I really love this dress on both of you!! Love that you paired it with some cute sneakers and that awesome bag!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dress is awesome and LOVE it with the Red Keds!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...